Transfix is a leading online freight marketplace that is on a mission to eliminate waste and inefficiency in the $600 billion trucking industry. Every year, 65 billion empty miles are driven by trucks in the U.S. and companies are spending excess time, resources and money arranging for the transportation of their goods. Transfix is on a path to solve these problems by dynamically matching shipments from Fortune 500 companies with available trucks. By partnering with both sides of the marketplace we are able to lower the cost and increase the reliability for every shipment.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As Controller, you will direct the accounting and control matters within our organization; serving as a strategic business partner to the CFO and Director of Finance. You are our authority with respect to US GAAP and will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of our financial statements from recording through reporting. You will lead and develop the accounting team, including managing our AR/AP department.
We are looking for a leader in our organization who will use actual data to identify insights for optimal business decisions and financial planning. You must have strong management, communication and presentation skills. As Controller, you need to have a love for details, analysis, and numbers. Much of the work will be hands-on and you must be able to function independently as you are the subject matter expert in all areas of accounting.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Provide timely and accurate financial statements/records
- Oversee all accounting related workflows including general ledger, monthly close, internal and external reporting
- Develop and implement accounting policies, coordinate systems communication and establish company procedures (ex: T&E)
- Payroll review and calculation of commission accrual and payouts
- Oversight of AR/AP process to achieve target cash conversion cycle
- Closely monitor cash flows and measure performance against budgeted cash flows
- Liaise between external auditors, tax accountants and internal control partners
- Lead the annual audit/reviewImplement and improve accounting related operational processes to help the company scale efficiently
- Develop and maintain internal controls
- Ensure the company tracks relevant financial metrics to measure performance and progress against our goals
- Complete monthly variance analysis versus budget and review with appropriate department leads
- CPA required; Big 4 experience preferred
- 7-12 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in a controller role for a high growth company
- Systems experience: Netsuite, Quickbooks, D&B, Looker
- Experience at a high growth firm
- Strong management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Strong understanding of cash flow and working capital in highly transactional environment
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek innovative solutions to complex business/technical
- Familiarity and comfort with working with a large volume transactional data (200+ AR/AP transactions daily)
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.