Who We Are: Neverware is the developer of CloudReady, the highly secure, fast, and modern operating system that runs on almost any hardware. Launched in February 2015, CloudReady garnered immediate attention by giving budget-strapped schools a way to turn old, slow computers into fast, reliable devices that deliver the same experience as a Chromebook. Several years and one million installs later, CloudReady is the OS of choice for innovative organizations and IT teams eager to embrace the future of computing and eliminate the hassle and expense of legacy operating systems. Thousands of schools, businesses, and consumers in 127 countries around the world use CloudReady daily via our Education, Enterprise, and Home Editions.
With offices in New York and London, Neverware has been featured on Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in New York City in 2019 and 2018, was named #8 on Built in NYC's Best Small Places to Work in NYC, and was the winner of the 2018 TIMMY Award for Best Startup in New York. Neverware’s investors include Google LLC, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rethink Education. Our partners include Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Samsung, and more.
The Team Member We Want To Join Us: Neverware is looking for a strong and experienced professional to build out and lead our internal accounting operations. We have offices in New York and London, and are in the midst of expanding our International and Enterprise business while continuing our strong growth in the US Education market. Neverware is looking for an individual to establish our financial foundation to help lead us into the next phase of growth. You have experience managing and executing the daily operations of an accounting team - US and international, establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods and policies and comfort working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
As the Controller for Neverware, you will set the accounting strategy while also getting into the details. All responsibilities are in service of delivering high quality and timely deliverables from accurate revenue recognition, closing out the month and the year, delivering monthly and quarterly reports for company, board and investor presentations, budgeting and financial projections plus all other critical responsibilities that fall under your role. You will report to the Director of Operations, with a dotted line to the CEO, plus collaborating with other departments leads to establish accounting and financial best practices at a fast-growing company.
Specifics to our business:
- Grown Sales from $2.75M, to $5M and are on track for $8M in 2020
- Over 3K customers with various size ranges, over 2K individual deals closed in 2019
- International markets are becoming more central to our overall business; growth of the UK market, successes in APAC region and elsewhere in the world
- Accounting system is Quickbooks; CRM system is Salesforce
Your responsibilities will center around:
- Prepare internal consolidated financial statements on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Our US and UK offices are separate entities.
- Manage the close process to ensure consolidated financial statements are accurately reported
- Monthly and Quarterly Bookings, New MRR, Expansion MRR and Renewal MRR are key reporting drivers of our business
- Complete and accurate reporting always, act as subject matter expert if there are additional metrics Neverware should consider
- Manage the company budgeting & financial projections in collaboration with leadership team of CEO, Director of Operations and Director of Sales
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of revenue recognition, accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, prepaid expenses, accruals, and general entity accounting
- Review, research, analyze, and properly document conclusions reached on complex technical accounting issues
- Design and implement scalable internal controls that improve the efficiency of the accounting and finance organization and the flow of quality financial actionable information within the company
- Ensure tax compliance working with internal and external advisors relative to preparation of annual tax provision, quarterly tax reporting, and annual compliance tax filings
- Manage external accounting and tax relationships including external auditors, outside tax providers and other accounting / financial advisors
- Manage investor relations and all necessary deliverables, in partnership with CEO
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven strong corporate finance experience plus direct managing experience. Proven international experience. Some experience in startup or small business environment strongly preferred.
- CPA preferred, Quickbooks experience and comfortability with Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal skills as this role requires interaction with every part of the organization including the entire leadership team.
- Disciplined and detail-oriented with experience delivering on time with quality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Neverware is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.