Controller at andros
The mission of the Finance team is to provide visibility into financial performance and forecasts in order to help the executive team make business decisions based on data. Your mission specifically is to take full responsibility for the delivery of accurate and efficient tracking and reporting of our financials and manage key financial processes. This includes supporting and managing Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Accounting Standards Compliance processes for the Network Development business. We have Subscription (SaaS) and Services lines of business.
1.) Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data while managing the supporting tasks of the senior accountant and ensuring compliance with applicable financial accounting and reporting standards
- Manage month-end close of andros books in FinancialForce
- Manage, review and approve all workpapers and journal entries from Senior Accountant
- Track and update revenue recognition, invoices, unbilled AR balances and deferred revenue
- Review financials monthly with Finance team and provide insight and clarity into the detailed financials
- Support the preparation of monthly financial presentations using historical and forecasted financials from operating model and assist in presenting those materials to key stakeholder.
- Identify areas to improve reporting process as the company evolves and work with them to update these processes in a timely manner
- Support the department to provide consistent and accurate reporting to investors on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Take the lead as the knowledge base for Financial Accounting and Reporting, relevant FASBs, & GAAP subject matter
- Become expert in usage of FinancialForce in order to support our accounting, invoicing and revenue recognition needs
2.) You're supporting the company-wide focus on client experience by making sure our billing, invoicing, and collections are accurate and timely
- Provide senior accountant correct and timely information to generate client invoices
- Ensure customers receive correct and timely invoices
- Ensure outstanding invoices are collected in a timely manner, maintaining reasonable levels of AR as agreed-upon with VP of Finance & People Operations, and track open accounts receivable with Days Sales outstanding and Average days delinquent to improve collection efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage AP process from beginning to end, strategically identifying ways to manage cash flow and ensuring we stay in good standing with vendors
- Manage seamless reimbursement process for employees, ensuring correct categorization of expenses and timely approvals and payouts for expenses
- Introduce and Implement cash management measures
3.) Manage Revenue Recognition
- Maintain revenue recognition schedule for current clients
- Advise Finance and Sales team on revenue recognition best practices to ensure we remain in compliance with ASC605 and ACS606
- Facilitate the transition to ASC606
- Own and manage full company audit
4.) Management of Senior Accountant
- Manage daily tasks and monitor quarterly key result performance to ensure supported objectives are on track
- Identify areas for improvement and assist with gaining knowledge of new subjects that support the Finance team
5.) Identify and manage special projects that enhance the operational efficiency of the Finance organization and overall financial performance
- Identify inefficiencies in the Finance organization and address the solution for those issues during the implementation of the combined accounting system.
- Ownership - Owns everything in role’s domain and takes responsibility to get results without excuses or blame.
- Attention to detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Collaborative / Team Player - Partner cross functionally with internal teams, vendors and executives
- Work ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and the requisite hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard and consistently delivering excellent work product by required deadlines.
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speaker’s mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked and in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue and efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others’ contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward. #OneTeam