Corporate Controller at Latch
Latch is seeking a Corporate Controller to join the Finance team. The finance function at Latch is deeply integrated with all departments across the company. The successful Controller will develop strong relationships across the company and implement processes that scale. The Controller will continue to professionalize the accounting function, build process and controls, project manage larger initiatives, and develop team members in their careers.
The Controller will impact financial and operating results by ensuring the integrity of the recorded numbers in conjunction with analysis and insight to support performance improvements. These efforts aim to create company value, prepare the team for continued growth, and support the professional development of each team member. You will effectively challenge the organization, problem solve and be hands-on in finding solutions in a very fast-growing and dynamic company.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all aspects of corporate accounting, directing all day-to-day technical and financial accounting activities and functions of the company, including timely and accurate monthly financial reporting.
- Manage all Internal Controls aspects by assessing the effectiveness of the company’s processes and internal control structure and then designing and implementing changes to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Manage all Cash Management activities and banking relationships while supervising treasury and cash management activities, with a focus on continuous improvement to ensure working capital improvements every year and Providing management oversight and direction for the Company’s Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable.
- Oversee Risk Management: Develop and maintain audit standards and methodology for assessing business risk and evaluating the effectiveness of the established financial, operational and compliance practices and organization controls.
- Develop and grow the Accounting organization and optimize the capabilities of the team by assessing talent and upgrading where appropriate, and by developing the most effective team structure. Build a cohesive team that enjoys their work and are motivated to do well while ensuring that the team works well and as valued partners with the rest of the business.
- Develop and grow relationships with external stakeholders such as board of directors, auditors and others, as appropriate. Actively participate in the corporate governance process at the company.
- A minimum of 8-10 years in an accounting role with increasing responsibility.
- Industry experience in manufacturing, SaaS, and/or e-commerce sectors. It is critical that these experiences have included time in a high-growth organization.
- CPA plus deep experience in technical accounting policies with the expectation of serving as a lead technical accounting resource to proactively anticipate, research, analyze and apply complex accounting issues:
- Ideally played key role in an IPO process and in public company execution including SOX compliance and SEC requirements
- Audit and best in a class process that allows for a fast and efficient accounting monthly and year-end close
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, PCAOB and IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing updated for the new COSO guidelines
- Ability to develop and demonstrate the effective use of financial systems and controls to facilitate the execution of risk-based audits.
- US GAAP accounting knowledge should be strong enough to have active technical discussions with a partner of a Big 4 firm and an understanding of IFRS may be helpful.
- Ability to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace and with various external constituencies. You can get things done quietly without unnecessary noise, are modest and self-effacing and in general, are seen as humble but confident. You work in a respectful operating style.
- A startup, collaborative and results-driven mentality with equal parts intellectual curiosity, determination, and grit. Energy is infectious. Ego is left at the door, and there is a collective willingness to just get it done and a hyper-focus on the mission that has been established.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: Netsuite, Avalara, SQL, Periscope, EDI
- You are a relentless executer, a phenomenal business partner and project manager, and a great communicator. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
- You thrive in complex and high growth environments and can solve complex problems while communicating effectively with business partners, management, and investors.
- You love to learn, build things from scratch and create efficient processes.
- You understand the criticality of cash management in a capital intensive hardware business and have strong A/R and A/P management experience, ideally with commission-based pay and supply chain/manufacturing accounting.
- You have the ability to not only optimize accounting processes but more importantly influence and operationalize them internally.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice