Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join the corporate development team. Reporting to the head of corporate development , the Corporate Development Manager will help define and execute on DigitalOcean’s inorganic growth strategy, execute strategic product/GTM partnerships and support M&A activitiesWhat You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customers, competitors, partners, business models, market sizing, and industry trends in the area of public cloud technologies .
- Develop a deep understanding of DigitalOcean’s product portfolio, strategic priorities, competitive position, GTM strategy, gaps, and potential opportunities.
- Drive evaluation of DigitalOcean’s strategic alternatives (e.g., buy, build, partner) and acquisition alternatives working closely with a cross functional team of Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Legal and Finance teams
- Lead/manage the deal execution process including due diligence, negotiation, and closure efforts for strategic partnerships and acquisitions, in close partnership with senior leadership.
- Proven track-record in prior corporate development or strategic business development roles at high-growth technology companies.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure/software products and services
- Technical ability to partner closely with product & engineering teams to discuss product requirements, roadmaps, and integration requirements.
- Broad understanding of developer, community and self serve GTM motions
- Experience targeting, identifying and assessing potential technology/GTM partnerships and M&A targets
- Practical knowledge of finance , business case modeling and valuation analyses
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here