Director of Commissions
Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking an experienced payroll and commissions professional to join our growing team. The Director of Commissions will be responsible for leading, building and transforming the Company's payroll/sales incentive function, processes and systems, commissions plans, commission calculations, bonuses, payroll related taxes and certain business operations. In addition to managing other members of the payroll and commissions team, the Director, will partner with HR, Equity, and Finance teams. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and enacting new strategies. These key skill sets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a growing team while establishing a vision for global expansion
- Manage day to day operations of the payroll and commissions team, including payroll/commissions processing, calculations, taxes and compliance
- Develop a high performing commissions team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes
- Ensure the global commissions cycle transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Work with HR and Corporate Controller to develop globally scalable processes for the timely reporting, recording and review of bonuses, new hires, promotions and other compensation related changes.
- Accuracy, timeliness and compliance of reporting, while documenting the policies, processes and controls, and identify and implement improvements.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance.
- Supervise properly coding commissions, payroll, taxes and equity to ensure expenses, cash, tax payments, equity reports, etc. are reconciled to payroll subledger/system and the accounting system.
- Scale the commissions team and promote proper procedure and infrastructure within company-wide teams and groups
- Understand, implement and assist in the development of the Yext Compensation Policies and Plans
- Supervise calculations of commissions/validates pay earnings are completed accurately and in line with current compensation plans
- Assist with the rollout, implementation and management of the commission system
- Provide monthly analysis and report on commission metrics to the Corporate Controller and the Executive team
- Work closely with the revenue operations team and commissions committee to develop plan design, implementation and effectiveness
- Work closely with management and sales reps teams to understand and resolve commissions issues and questions
- Work closely with business partners to ensure any payroll, commissions, and tax related implications are reviewed and considered in payroll and commissions cycles
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of Payroll/Commissions experience, of which at least 5 are leading the payroll and sales commissions function
- Expert knowledge of US payroll laws and other legal requirements related to administration
- Working knowledge of US payroll taxes, including any expat payroll arrangements
- Experience with major Payroll and ERP system (ADP, Workday, Netsuite)
- Experience with major Incentive Compensation Management systems (Xactly, Obero)
- Certified Payroll Professional certification required
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.