Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of deep collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
This Director of FP&A role will report to the CFO and will partner with the business to infuse financial leadership & analytical insight to daily decision making to support the delivery of business results. You will be an integral part of a high-profile team with ongoing exposure to executives, functional and finance partners across <intent>, collaborating on the biggest opportunities <intent> will exploit. The ideal candidate is analytical, motivated, resourceful and eager to dive into the data.
As the FP&A Director, you will lead our Financial Planning & Analysis group out of our NYC headquarters. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to help us tackle some of the most challenging issues we encounter as we expand both our product set and international footprint. Along the way, you’ll gain exposure to some of the most important facets of our business and contribute analysis that will drive strategic decision-making.
What You Will Do:
As a Player / Coach, you will manage the Financial Planning & Analysis team who oversees revenue planning & analysis, management reporting, and business intelligence. The team also provides analytical support for major strategy projects that help shape the future trajectory of the business. As the FP&A Director, you will be directly involved in strategy creation alongside our commercial leads; leveraging your team to produce the required analysis to support decision making.
Specifically, you will:
- Research markets and produce Total Addressable Market analysis in supporting the Go To Market Strategy of <intent> across the globe and our evolving product suite.
- Keep the leadership team focused on the most important business KPI’s and leverage leading indicators to promote action
- Identify the most important strategic projects, and expansion opportunities the company leadership should be focused on.
- Build financial models and analyze + interpret relevant financial data to support senior leadership in making effective decisions
- Manage the <intent> FP&A team who is responsible for:
- Helping drive our financial planning and continually monitor performance vs. plan
- Supporting our team of Strategic Partner Managers as they build and enhance our most important customer relationships
- Working closely with our Commercial team to identify, size and prioritize new business opportunities
- Closely monitor and analyze our business performance and report key findings to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare weekly and monthly KPIs for key constituents
- Provide ad-hoc support for major projects that help drive the strategic trajectory of the business
- Continuously innovate our approach to data analysis and systems to support our growth
- 7-10 years of total experience
- preferably inclusive of 3-4 years of experience as a top-rated Analyst at a leading investment bank or management consulting firm
- 2-3 years of experience in a FP&A role
- 2-3 years experience should be in a media or technology SaaS business
- Demonstrated experience leveraging analysis and insights to influence business strategy and/or change the “opinions” of leadership.
- Referenceable track record of communicating to senior management, board members, investors and lenders in a clear and effective manner
- Past career highlights should include Illustrative examples of analytical insights you produced that directly correlated to revenue growth initiatives.
- Able to articulate your involvement in the concepting, design and iterations of a B2B SaaS pricing methodology.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Significant experience building and working with complex financial models
- Incredibly organized and able to prioritize effectively even amidst ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial drive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A professional demeanor, the ability to negotiate sensitive matters and the ability to work collaboratively are a must.
- Ability to work with and manage expectations across a complex set of stakeholders
- SQL experience is a plus (but not required)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A demonstrated interest in technology, the internet and data-driven marketing.
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!