Director of Financial Systems
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1Billion, Celonis received $27.6M Series A in June 2016 and $50M Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
The finance technology area is moving faster than ever before, and we're looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Financial Systems to join us in our New York City office. In this role, you will partner with the finance leadership team to understand the organizational strategy and initiatives to best prioritize the development and enhancement of our financial systems and processes. You will also ensure we continue to maximize the value of our financial applications by developing the technology roadmap and taking advantage of upcoming feature and functionality releases that would enhance our processes and make the business and team more efficient.
You will partner with both business partners and other engineering teams on continually improving and enhancing monthly and yearly close activities, enhance analytical capabilities as well as making sure that our system stack will be prepared on what's coming in the future.
This role also includes how we holistically manage and optimize across many global process areas including procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report, treasury and tax, FP&A as well as financial reporting.
This is an exciting journey to build the foundation of the Celonis Financial System infrastructure end to end, from raw data into financial reporting.
- You are experienced working with financial systems like Netsuite, Workday, Anaplan, Avalara systems in a global enterprise environment.
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining key controls to adequately support compliance with public company standards under a SOX 404 framework.
- You are effective at leading change (Software implementation, Organization change, etc).
- You have experience working as a product manager, or similar, in a high performing, cross-functional teams in a fast-changing environment.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
- You are exceptional at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context.
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- You have experience with data-driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You know how to map business processes and communicate them to stakeholders and process participants.
- Bonus: You are certified Master Anaplanner.
- Set the finance systems technical strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with stakeholders in HR, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and Engineering.
- Partner with our stakeholders across the globe to understand their current and future needs, and continually enhance business systems, including reporting and analysis capabilities, to meet ever-changing business requirements.
- Understand the financial systems supplier landscape in order to make strategic decisions on what to buy and what to build.
- Form a close relationship with our supplier partners to understand and influence their roadmaps and support.
- Create compelling business cases to justify where to invest and where not to invest.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.