Entrepreneur in Residence
Squarespace’s Strategy group is in search of their first Entrepreneur in Residence to set the foundation for their new Incubation function. The Incubation function is uniquely positioned to research, test and innovate on new product initiatives for Squarespace. Your entrepreneurial drive will have a strategic and operational impact on our long-term business goals and you will be given the tools and resources to bring your vision to reality.
This is a unique opportunity to not only impact Squarespace’s growth trajectory but also the internet industry as a whole. The mission of this role is to ideate, build, and develop new product ideas to drive Squarespace’s growth long-term.
This role reports to our Director of Strategic Initiatives and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Research, test, and innovate on new product ideas
- Synthesize learnings and craft data into clear and compelling executive updates and presentations
- Leverage your product expertise, business judgment and analytical skills to develop strategic pilot tests that address key business questions that fuel growth
- Work cross-functionally with our partners in Product, Engineering, and Marketing to determine product and/or strategy fit and develop go-to-market narratives
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders
- Execute, scale, and measure new product initiatives and pressure test the proposed business model
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, finance, or a strategy role at a high growth technology company
- Ability to operate and execute independently in an ambiguous environment
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience overseeing budgets, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach profitability targets
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.