Finance, Business Insights & Analytics at Squarespace
The Squarespace Finance Team manages Financial Planning, Accounting, and Analysis of our financial performance. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to provide support to all of the finance team.
You will help with varying projects and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization to promote data-driven decisions. You are excited to work in a new area of a business shaping its success. You will support the FP&A and accounting teams to answer complex, data-driven questions related to the companies financial and operational performance and data used to record bookings and revenue.
We expect you to be a member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job and grow along with the company.
You will report to the Director, FP&A in our New York headquarters.
- Help support the finance team in answering complex ad hoc questions
- Collaborate with FP&A to proactively identify business patterns through quantitative data analysis
- Collaborate with Accounting to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of data supporting revenue recognition and other key accounting processes
- Collaborate closely with the FP&A and Analytics team to understand best company reporting standards on goals
- Learn and understand how our data is organized and how best to keep data integrity
- 5 or more years experience in or supporting a Finance, Business Operations, Sales Support Operations, or relevant operational support roles
- Experience working with complex datasets to evaluate business and financial performance.
- Basic knowledge of key FP&A and Accounting processes
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion. Python knowledge preferred
- Experience transforming large datasets into consumable insights
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.