ABOUT THE TEAM
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an independent, hands-on and result-oriented Finance Manager (US) to sit in our New York City office with a focus on accounting, financial control and management. You will be part of our global finance team and responsible for establishing an effective accounting function in the US. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
What you'll be doing:
• Key member of the team responsible for all financial aspects in US
• Management accounting, financial reporting and providing commercial and operational management information to support rapid expansion and regulatory reporting requirements
• Oversight of the day-to-day running of finance, working with outsourced providers with a view of bringing aspects in-house
• Understanding and communicating financial performance, risks and financial management to Senior Management
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
• Assume responsibility in the taxation and regulatory reporting requirements required
• Be the point of contact locally for regulatory & compliance enquiries
• Providing support to external consultants and manage a timely and effective audit
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 5+ years of experience in finance functions, preferably with experience within a banking or financial services environment
• Chartered Accountant, trained in a reputable practice
• Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience (IFRS knowledge a plus)
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queriesAbility to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
• Self motivated individual who can work under their own initiative
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• Good punctuality and time management skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• Competitive 401(k) plan
• Competitive vacation policy
• Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits.
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners
Please only submit an application for one posting.