A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We are looking for an independent, hands-on and result-oriented Finance Manager (US) to sit in our New York City office with a focus on accounting, financial control and management. You will be part of our global finance team and responsible for establishing an effective accounting function in the US. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Key member of the team responsible for all financial aspects in US
• Management accounting, financial reporting and providing commercial and operational management information to support rapid expansion and regulatory reporting requirements
• Oversight of the day-to-day running of finance, working with outsourced providers with a view of bringing aspects in-house
• Understanding and communicating financial performance, risks and financial management to Senior Management
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
• Assume responsibility in the taxation and regulatory reporting requirements required
• Be the point of contact locally for regulatory & compliance enquiries
• Providing support to external consultants and manage a timely and effective audit
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
• 5+ years of experience in finance functions, preferably with experience within a banking or financial services environment
• Chartered Accountant, trained in a reputable practice
• Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience (IFRS knowledge a plus)
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queriesAbility to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
• Self motivated individual who can work under their own initiative
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• Good punctuality and time management skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive 401(k) plan
Competitive vacation policyFree dinners
Flexible work hours
Please only submit an application for one posting
Please only submit an application for one posting.