Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Controller who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
The Corporate Controller will oversee general accounting and reporting, external and internal audit coordination, payroll, accounts payable, expense report audit, balance sheet management, tax and treasury matters. This person will be responsible for all accounting policies & procedures, financial statements and footnotes, reporting and controls. This highly-skilled individual will lead the Controllership organization and partner cross-functionally with leadership to ensure priorities are aligned with corporate objectives and appropriate financial controls.
About This Role
- Lead accounting team on a daily basis. Provide leadership, training and development to the team and financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of the business.
- Organize and lead the financial reporting, transaction processing, performance analysis and corporate accounting functions of the business
- Establish and implement accounting policies, processes and support systems
- Lead the preparation and review of SEC disclosures for the 10-Q and 10-K and any other SEC filings
- Preparation of SOX 404 documentation including flowcharts and the drafting of policies and procedures
- Monitor closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration.
- Manage budget process for multiple business units
- Vet and implement ERP financial system
- Manage multiple entities reporting and analysis
- Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus preferred
- Previous experience implementing financial systems integrations and optimizations a plus.
- Big 4 background and CPA strongly preferred
- Experience at a publicly-traded company
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- 7-10 years in accounting, with 5-7 in a controller function
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.