Financial Planning & Business Analyst at Paxful
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
Paxful is seeking an exceptional Financial Planning and Business Analyst who will serve as a solution driven strategic partner. Working with the Finance department and reporting into the SVP of Finance in the New York office, this person will have a deep understanding of FP&A best practices and how to carry out these practices in order to scale in on a hyper growth organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead planning and roll forecasts process on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to facilitate resource allocation towards the company’s growth objectives
- Manage capital structure, budgets, compensation, equity planning, operating, and financial strategy synchronization
- Oversee comprehensive reporting, analyses, and projections of KPI metrics and financials
- Develop and enhance necessary dashboards to track business performance, identify trends, and proactively engage with functional leaders to stay ahead of key changes to the business
- Continuously improve financial modeling, forecasting, reporting, processes, and software tools while keeping abreast of industry best practices
- Work closely with the SVP of Finance and the leadership teams to prepare the company for fundraising from a forecasting and planning perspective
- Develop and maintain estimates of total addressable market; track competitors and peers
- Prepare analytical materials and presentations such as pricing, partnership, and marketing program analyses that will be used to help senior and executive management make data driven decisions
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 4-6 years of experience in financial planning & analysis
- Experience in scaling high-growth companies from a finance perspective
- Highly cross-functional leadership who can own the strategic forecasting and operational planning process
- Passion for understanding GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics used by investors
- Experience with ERP/financial systems such as NetSuite
- Expert ability in Excel and GSuite
- Strong statistical, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills including success in influencing outside of direct reporting line
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- CPA Designation
- MBA or master’s degree in related field
- Experience with Adaptive Forecasting
- Experience interacting with private market investors
- Investment banking or venture capital experience
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours