FP&A Analyst at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:19 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, March 4, 2020
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to innovate upon the largest site builder for online courses and expertise, and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
Strong financial analysis and forecasting enables Teachable to determine how best to deploy our resources to continue (and accelerate) our growth. We’re looking for an FP&A Analyst who can assess the opportunities ahead of us and help Teachable make sound business decisions. This position reports to the Manager of FP&A and will be heavily involved in various finance needs of the company, such as data analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling. If you enjoy the challenge of transforming business questions into financial models, please consider joining our team!
- Support the finance department with ongoing analysis and forecasting for individual products and the overall company
- Collaborate with accounting and other departments to prepare and distribute monthly variance analyses
- Participate in the forecasting and budgeting processes, including creating variance, trend, and scenario analyses
- Assist in preparing materials for board meetings, investor updates, all-hands presentations, and other ad hoc reporting
- As needed, work on a variety of special projects that may include financings, product or feature launches, and strategic transactions
- Bachelor’s degree concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in finance preferred
- Ability to work with minimal direction and handle multiple projects
- Strong modeling (Excel) and presentation skills
- Quickbooks, Looker BI, Sigma experience a plus
- Excited to work independently and chart your own course, while knowing when to seek guidance
- Patience, tact, and a good sense of humor
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description