Global Marketplace Associate at Via
About This Role
As a Financial Operations Associate, you will play an integral role in formulating Via’s global marketplace strategy as we push on achieving profitability and growth objectives. You will build financial analyses and operational processes that inform key strategic decisions and address challenges we face as a dynamic fast‐growing company. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary team to brainstorm, implement, and analyze solutions to optimize our service and ensure that it runs flawlessly.
What You'll Do
- Assess the economic impact of current operational decision-making and initiatives
- Build, maintain, and improve financial models, data tools, and reporting processes used to evaluate critical data and make data-driven decisions
- Generate and implement creative ideas for Via’s driver platform to optimize profitability and performance
- Manage real-time operations with proprietary technology tools to ensure smooth execution
- Work cross-functionally with strategic finance, data science, product, engineering, driver growth, and rider experience teams globally as well as Via’s senior management
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done - no one will be counted on to execute faster or better
Who You Are
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to both crunch numbers and discuss your analysis
- Efficient, organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility and learning on the job
- Exceptional Excel and data synthesis skills with a knack for robust simplicity (Tableau and SQL experience a plus, but not required)
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Hands-on mentality with a focus on execution; you have a structured way of thinking and your attention to detail is excellent
- Team player; no task is ever too small and you always bring a great attitude
- Several years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting at a top-tier firm or in operations at a high‐growth company
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, compliments existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.