Global Revenue Accounting Manager at Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is seeking a Global Revenue Accounting Manager to be based in Manhattan and report to the Senior Controller. The Global Revenue Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing revenue recognition, invoicing, and Credit Card Collections/Processing for our domestic and international revenue streams. This is a great opportunity to develop new skills, learn and gain direct, meaningful exposure to all levels of the company. You must have a strong working knowledge of GAAP, financial transactions, and internal controls. This position will need to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of Moda’s accounting structure and areas to improve processes and efficiencies. This role requires organization and skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing and dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Collaborate cross-functionally domestically and internationally, to support company-wide initiatives.
- Assist in researching and establishing revenue processes supporting international expansion
- Review and monitor daily collection of credit card receipts between our multiple domestic & international processors
- Responsible for daily/weekly reconciliation between General Ledger and bank accounts.
- Analyze gross margin for impact of markdowns/liquidation and employee sales; perform other analysis for management and financial reporting as needed
- Work with Fraud & Client Care team to review chargebacks to ensure policy compliance; make recommendations when needed.
- Review daily activity to ensure proper recognition of Business Categories and reconciliation between NetSuite and Data Warehouse
- Prepare weekly sales report for FP&A team
- Prepare monthly GAAP & Demand sales
- Prepare/assist FP&A with monthly returns reserve analysis
- Liaison with Client Experience teams to manage the stylists commission system
- Liaison with Tech to assist with sales audit queue resolutions
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls surrounding revenue recognition (quote-to-cash) process
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations during monthly Accounting close process
- Assist senior controller and Accounting team in preparation of financial statements and year-end financial audit
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and other tasks as assigned
- BS in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Systems (Preferably Netsuite) and Excel
- Get excited partnering with colleagues outside of accounting
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects and establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a resourceful problem solver when resources are scarce and information is incomplete
- Have solid understanding of GAAP accounting policies
- 6+ years of experience in Accounting required; CPA/MBA a plus. Experience in accounting e-commerce companies is highly desirable.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established and emerging designers, straight from the runway and designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace and “Trunk Show” model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products and technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators and consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought and sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, and customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments and Condé Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology and data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, and increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.