Global Tax Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are currently looking for a hands-on Global Tax Manager who will be responsible for the Company’s Domestic and International Tax obligations. This new and exciting role at Braze is a great opportunity for a tax professional who is looking to help expand our internal tax function. You will be responsible for supporting our global tax compliance process, which includes proactively monitoring tax changes, recommending our tax strategy and providing reporting support for accounting and forecasting. This role will report to the Global Head of Tax and Treasury and may be located in San Francisco, New York, Chicago or remote.
- Support the members of the finance team by fostering a positive work environment that aligns with company values
- Prepare / Review income tax provision (quarterly/Annual) related financial disclosures in accordance with ASC 740 including the calculation of our effective tax rate, net operating losses, current and deferred tax provisions, taxes payable and related disclosures in our annual audited financial statements
- Prepare / Review all domestic and international tax filings and compliance
- Draft responses to tax audits and tax authority inquiries, both domestic and international
- Ensure we are compliant with all SALT obligations, including the preparation of NEXUS studies
- Partner with FP&A to prepare our tax forecast
- Own the tax account reconciliation process to ensure transactions are properly classified
- Partner with accounting, treasury and other business teams
- Maintain awareness of and advise on pending tax changes and applicable regulations with drafting of internal guidance
- Responsible for supporting calculation of our research and development tax credit
- Support new business initiatives by analyzing tax implications
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of tax experience with a mix of Big 4 and in-house experience for an SEC registrant preferred
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- CPA and/or MS Taxation preferred
- SaaS or related industry tax department – focus on international / multinational footprint a plus
- Strong tax compliance background and advanced tax technical and research skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.