Head of Investor Relations at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking an experienced and highly motivated professional to serve as its first ever Head of Investor Relations. In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer and be a key contact for institutional investors, buy and sell-side analysts, and a broad range of internal stakeholders across FP&A, Communications, Legal, Product and various other groups.
You will be based in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop and implement a proactive and comprehensive investor relations strategy in partnership with the CFO to communicate company strategy to investors, research analysts and other stakeholders
- Serve as the primary day-to-day interface for investors and analysts
- Provide investor insights and perspectives to the Executive Leadership team
- Maintain and update guidance models, as well as track performance against expectations. Understand best practices for target setting and reporting of key operating metrics
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Finance, Marketing, Legal to ensure alignment on the company’s overall strategy
- Play a key role in executing the quarterly earnings process, performing analysis of financial results, developing key messages, and drafting recurring shareholder communications, conference call script, and more
- Lead and evolve an investor targeting program to support current shareholders and identify potential new investors
- Organize company non-deal roadshows, analyst days and participation in investor conferences
- 15+ years of experience in investor relations, finance, FP&A, as a sell side analyst or another Wall Street position
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or similar field; CFA a plus, but not required
- Deep understanding of SEC laws and regulations, as well as filing requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the industry SQSP operates is a plus
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Ability to build relationships with investors and analysts, as well as executive management and peers at Squarespace
- Proven experience effectively operating in a high pressure environment under tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.