Addepar is an enterprise software company focused on providing transparency to complex financial portfolios for investors and advisors alike. Its core reporting product provides a holistic view of investment holdings for asset owners and wealth managers, in particular for alternatives and private assets where other systems struggle. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage nearly $2 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
In early May, Addepar launched Marketplace, a new application offering clients access to a wide range of investment products through a digital order management and execution platform. These product areas include cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. More details can be found in our press release and accompanying coverage, and on our blog at Addepar.com. This is an exciting new business for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in early stages of development.
Access to private securities is an important differentiator and source of value for our client base. The Head of Private Placements, a newly created role, will be responsible for building and leading a placements business as part of our overall Marketplace offering. The initial focus of this team will be on distributing later stage private securities that we originate from our proprietary network; over time we expect the team to also facilitate direct connections between our clients to allow them to invest or co-invest with each other.
Reporting to the President of Acervus Securities, our broker-dealer subsidiary that conducts regulated activities on Marketplace, the Head of Private Placements will be responsible for all aspects of defining and building out this business opportunity. This will include developing a business plan and sales/distribution model, leading our distribution efforts and hiring additional team members as needed, and partnering closely with the broader organization across Sales, Marketing, Operations & Compliance, and Product to build a scalable, profitable business line.
To fill the role, we’re looking for a proven leader and entrepreneur who thrives in fast-paced environments and enjoys the challenge of building a new venture within an existing high growth company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level. The ideal candidate is comfortable working hands-on, is ambitious, and results-oriented.Responsibilities
- Work with the President of Acervus and leadership at Addepar to define vision, strategy, and business plan for new placements business. This will include setting objectives and targets, defining an operating model, hiring additional team members as needed, and ensuring all activities are conducted to a high standard of quality and compliance
- Create clear distribution strategy, leveraging marketing, Marketplace client specialists, and other Addepar client coverage teams. Partner with these teams to showcase opportunities and drive demand
- Drive transactions with clients to meet and exceed concrete targets for both activities (client outreach, meetings, etc) and results (client usage, transactions, and revenues)
- Manage outside broker relationships, including negotiating referral agreements and referring “reverse inquiries” from Acervus clients to the appropriate partner
- Work with Compliance and Operations to develop policies, procedures, and frameworks to underwrite private securities for inclusion into the Marketplace
- Hire and manage additional team member(s) as justified by business plan and results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-7+ years of applicable experience in capital markets/private placements or the secondary market for private securities. This can be from an investment bank/brokerage firm, fintech, and/or related institution
- Deep understanding of the private placements/secondary transactions process, including regulatory and compliance requirements
- High energy and enthusiasm; relentless drive for success
- Series 7 and 63
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Genuine passion for supporting team members and clients
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $1.7 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.