Indirect Tax Analyst at Squarespace
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an Indirect Tax Analyst to assist with indirect tax related projects through established subject matter expertise. Your role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to indirect tax planning, compliance, and accounting.
You will be based in our New York City headquarters and report to the Global Tax Lead.
- Coordinate with outside firms in the preparation of various monthly/quarterly US state and non-US indirect tax returns
- Maintain indirect tax audit file on a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction basis, including US state indirect tax exemption certificates, and coordinate with outside firms in managing indirect tax audits
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of US state and non-US indirect tax compliance, including research and documentation of indirect tax law developments, ongoing US state use tax analysis, ongoing non-US indirect tax reclamation analysis, and maintenance of indirect tax nexus matrix
- Analyze indirect tax implications of various product offerings
- Maintain appropriate US state and non-US indirect tax controls
- Advise product team on platform improvements associated with indirect tax calculations
- Document and implement indirect tax reporting policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of indirect tax forecasts based on the latest Company projections
- Other indirect tax related ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business is required; CPA is preferred
- 4+ years of experience in US state and/or non-US tax indirect tax compliance
- Ability to research and interpret various tax laws and regulations, including US state and non-US law
- Proficient with various indirect tax engines and compliance software
- Experience analyzing and documenting complex tax issues
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate across the organization
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.