Investor Relations Lead at Squarespace (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Squarespace is seeking an Investor Relations Lead to support the company’s efforts in building and executing the investor relations program. They will play a meaningful role in supporting the program and maximizing shareholder value by helping drive education of our long-term strategy and business model via effective communication. This will be achieved by the team telling a cohesive and data-driven story about our strategy, positioning, value proposition, financial results, and operations to the financial community including new and existing investors, shareholders, and research analysts.
This role will work cross-functionally across Squarespace, including legal, accounting, FP&A, product, marketing and communications, to gain a strong fundamental understanding of our business and ensure the company is successfully communicating its strategic and financial positioning with the investor community in a unified message. This is a highly visible opportunity where you can have a measurable impact at a leading technology company.
This role reports into the Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Development and is based in New York.
- Build out Squarespace’s IR capabilities by executing an effective and world-class investor relations strategy via crafting and articulating the long-term vision and constantly improving our communication, strategy and outreach
- Support the creation of materials including: earnings press releases, scripts, Q&A, investor presentations, fact sheets, financial and legal back-up, pre-event preparation, post-event reporting, transcript reviews, SEC filings, as well as other ad hoc analytical and presentation requests (including Board materials)
- Support the Company’s participation in investor and analyst events such as conferences, meetings, non-deal roadshows, including logistics, background materials and the preparation of senior executives
- Help manage and continuously improve our communication and targeting strategy with equity research and investor relationships by maintaining detailed notes, summarizing highlights, and logging interactions
- Review analyst models, identifying key underlying assumptions and themes, and build relationships with sell-side associates while maintaining the consensus model
- Stay ahead of financial trends and shareholder issues that could affect our business, including monitoring and reporting on competitor’s research reports, public investor engagements, news, earnings and other relevant sources
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Company’s strategy, operations, and financial history and consistently stay current on the Company’s business initiatives and financial performance metrics, supporting the team with modeling, data/industry analysis, and relevant insights
- Collaborate and build relationships across internal functions to facilitate two way flow of information and ensure key strategy and investor messaging is reflect in all external materials
- Collaborate with and manage third-party service providers, including those for the investor relations website, surveillance, and targeting.
- Minimum 5 years of investor relations or equivalent experience both in a publicly traded company and equity research
- Strong and detailed knowledge of financial statements, equity valuation models, and capital market trends
- Ability and comfort working independently across cross-functional internal teams and external relationships
- Superb communication skills, both spoken and written. Able to create engaging investment messages across all audiences
- Deep understanding of Reg FD and other SEC disclosure rules, regulations and filing requirements
- Worked with technology companies, preferably software, SaaS, and/or consumer Internet, with particular understanding of key performance indicators
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent judgment/discretion, mature personality, high integrity, team player, strong work ethic and intellectually curious
- Expertise working with GSuite, Excel and other IR specific tools and applications
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.