Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1 billion, Celonis received $27.6 million Series A in June 2016 and $50 million Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
This is an exciting time at Celonis and this role will be a key hire within our Controllership organization.
- Ownership over global accounting for revenue recognition including analyzing monthly revenue trends, reconciling revenue and deferred revenue from billing system to ERP
- Partner with Technical Accounting team to operationalize adoption of ASC 606/IFRS 15
- Complete month-end and quarter-end close assignments, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Responsible for executing the transition to preparing our financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with the design and execution of a monthly US GAAP cash flow statement
- Assist with account analysis; review and analyzing financial statements and reports
- Partner with the financial systems team to ensure we adhere to the philosophy of “continuous improvement” by always looking for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes and systems
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends by continuing to network with peers in the SaaS industry to continue to implement best practices
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed, specifically around revenue recognition
- Perform strategic initiatives and projects to support the significant growth and scalability of the company
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressive operational accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud based ERP (Netsuite, Workday, Intacct) highly preferable
- Prior SaaS/Software industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Problem solver with thoughtful efficient and automated solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.