Manager, External Reporting & Technical Accounting at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, Lufthansa and Vodafone rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
- Preparation of technical accounting memos and other documentation necessary to support the Company’s accounting conclusions and treatment (including related journal entries) over significant revenue, lease, equity, and other technical accounting matters/transactions.
- Preparation of annual U.S. GAAP financial statements and related footnotes
- Coordination of other filings, including statutory financial statements
- Keep up to date on statutory compliance requirements and statutory reporting thresholds
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource to help implement new and emerging FASB and SEC accounting pronouncements as well as assess the impact on reporting and disclosures
- Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements for all non-recurring transactions
- Liaise with key members of sales, operations, and legal to collaborate on accounting treatment of non-standard revenue transactions
- Keep up to date on industry trends related to financial reporting and technical accounting including review of industry leader’s filings and disclosures for best practices
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Must have experience working with SEC clients (if coming from public accounting) or at an SEC Registered Company (if coming from private)
- Must have a strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Must have a deep understanding of ASC 606, preferably in the software industry
- Must have shown the ability to perform independent accounting research and the subsequent framing and documentation of accounting issues along with the related conclusions
- Experience with Workiva or similar XBRL software is a plus
- Prior SaaS/Software industry experience a plus
- Experience with German GAAP (HGB) and IFRS is a plus
- Experience with ASC 842 is a plus
- Strong sense of integrity, responsibility, and accountability
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.