Manager, Finance / FP&A at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empowers senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Finance team delivers timely results and encourages open discussion and creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, and the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop and maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Work on a variety of special projects that may include financings, new business initiatives, M&A, etc.
- Partner with key business areas to perform strategic analysis and modeling to help inform department specific spending and decisions
- Analyze competitor performance and market trends
- Write commentary that adds value and draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establish and report key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing and delivering daily, weekly and monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Own budgeting process including annual review and analysis, assigning department specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- You have a bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- You have 3+ years of finance and/or strategic analysis experience
- You have experience working in investment banking, M&A, FP&A, or corporate finance
- You have entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- You are proficient in financial analysis and model building
- You have experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, and SOTP analysis
- You have a strong attention to detail
- Experience with SQL, Tableau/Looker, Microsoft Dynamics a plus!
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.