Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Finance team is seeking an FP&A Manager to join our growing team. You will be the finance business partner to key functional leaders across Braze’s Global Sales Organization, responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting on metrics that reflect business performance; driving a rigorous budgeting and forecasting process. You will work with both finance and business leaders to ensure timely and accurate forecasting and revenue calculations. The Manager will have significant exposure to Senior Management and is expected to become a trusted thought partner to their teams.
- Support and challenge Braze’s Global Sales and finance teams during the forecast/planning cycles with responsibility for forecast accuracy
- Own the forecasting process for headcount planning, sales revenue and expense budgeting, and short- and long-range business planning initiatives to support and drive Sales growth
- Evaluate and develop financial models to help drive strategic business decisions and identify opportunities to optimize performance
- Lead month-end meetings with individual department leaders to discuss financial performance, and incorporate business insight into the rolling financial forecast
- Report on actual financial results against targets, provide analysis of variances, assist in guidance on future trends, and present findings to Finance leadership and the Executive team.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in FP&A, within Tech and SaaS is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or relevant field
- Excellent data analysis skills, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Experience building complex budgets involving SaaS contracts
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Netsuite and Salesforce
- Deep knowledge of Revenue Recognition and ERP systems
- Team player that embraces change and thrives in a fast paced environment
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.