Manager, Technical Accounting and Policy
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting and Policy that will be responsible for the assessment of complex technical accounting issues and implementation of new accounting standards. This individual will also assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and guidance in accordance with FASB requirements. This role will be a key contributor in preparing the Company for public readiness and work closely with the Sales, Legal and Revenue Operations teams.
- Monitor and interpret new SEC and FASB Accounting Standards, research technical accounting issues and prepare memorandums to document the impact to the Company
- Ensure company’s accounting is in compliance with U.S. GAAP, with a focus on recognizing revenue in accordance with ACS 606
- Assist with the preparation or review of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations and journal entries for month-end close
- Support the annual audit and preliminary activities with external auditors, as needed
- Partner with the accounting and finance department to create a high-performance team capable of meeting the Company’s and the department’s objectives
- Ad hoc projects and research as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years audit experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm or large regional firm
- Certified Public Accountant
- SaaS or Technology industry experience with subscription and professional service revenue
- 2+ years of experience in SEC Reporting
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Experience working for company or auditing a company listed on the NYSE or Nasdaq
- General understanding of NetSuite or other comparable ERP systems
- Experience using a Revenue Recognition solution
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Free daily lunch and free snacks and beverages
- Excellent benefits including medical and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.