Partnerships Senior Associate at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Partnerships Team is responsible for sourcing and developing strategic partnerships for Better.com. This person will assist with development, negotiation, implementation and oversight of new and existing strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct ongoing research, analysis and evaluation of new partnership opportunities
- Develop and manage partner relations including implementation plans, negotiating terms sheets and agreements, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and reporting
- Monitoring and troubleshooting partnership performance including SLAs and all other requirements
- Assisting with Audit, Compliance and Issue identification, tracking, resolution and reporting
- Act as Partnership Team primary point of contact and overseer of Partnership Production Pods
- Bonus points for: Technology skills such as insight into how systems work, coding, systems design or administration, data structures, machine learning, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, M&A, FinTech, SaaS or equivalent background
- Calm demeanor in the face of challenging and/or contentious circumstances
- Careful and accurate with details
- A friendly and thoughtful approach to client relationships
- Interested in problem solving and complex structures
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.