Are you a payroll guru with a passion for guiding others toward excellent payroll practice? Do you love supporting, teaching, and guiding clients using your payroll knowledge and experience? Do you enjoy partnering with other resident experts to craft smooth and enjoyable implementation experiences for clients?
At Namely, we're hiring a Payroll Consultant to serve as the payroll subject matter expert in partnership with an implementation project manager (i.e., Implementation Consultant), who will own the delivery of on time and accurate new client implementations. As a Payroll Consultant, you will be responsible for thoroughly understanding a client’s requirements and identifying the appropriate configuration of the Namely product to effectively deliver on the client’s needs. You'll also vet the client’s data and thoroughly test their site instance prior to release to ensure a smooth client and employee experience.
- Review and evaluate data to determine ideal system configuration in regards to historical data, employee information and company level data.
- Engage closely with the client, the other Consultants, and other internal departments, to ensure full-scope of implementation is understood through our Discovery Questionnaire
- Configure the client site to match the desired set up
- Analyze our client's’ business needs to determine optimal configuration. Work closely with the Benefits / Payroll Consultant assigned to the project as well as the Implementation Consultant to ensure all stakeholders have a thorough understanding of how the configuration of the Payroll and Benefits too may impact the client experience
- Review tax returns (940, 941s and state quarterly returns), payroll registers, and deductions and earnings taxability to ensure proper setup of the platform. Conduct the parallel test and make all necessary adjustments to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Support the client through their first two successful on-cycle payroll runs
- Manage client expectations – never over-commit and under-deliver
- Serve as client advocate within Namely to identify and resolve any concerns that may detract from an optimal client implementation experience
- Effectively transition clients to the Client Success team for ongoing support after implementations are completed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience managing several clients and projects at once
- 3-5 years experience managing Payroll system implementations
- Strong team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Strong written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and maintain strong client relationship skills. Focused on finding a solution because there is always a way to get it done!
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.