Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
The Payroll Manager will join a fast-paced startup environment, partnering with the Accounting and People team. You'll oversee both bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles for multiple entities, and will be responsible for the overall compliance, timeliness, and accuracy of every payroll cycle. The payroll manager will be tasked with ensuring that payroll systems are optimally configured, which includes everything from ensuring that benefit deductions are appropriately withheld, to maintaining state and local payroll tax compliance. This is a unique opportunity where you will work cross-functionally with a very talented, high-performing team in a fast-growing company.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes, and third party payments)
- Process semi-monthly hourly payroll and semi-monthly salaried payroll on a timely basis
- Coordinate and develop timekeeping with people managers in multiple locations
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Work with the Director of People Operations to ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Coordinate with Accounting for payroll and benefits expense recognition
- Troubleshoot and resolve any ad-hoc employee related payroll questions
- Perform compliance audits as necessary
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Undergraduate degree with 4-5 years progressive payroll processing experience
- Strong Excel and data management skills (e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, index/match functions)
- Experience in setting up and maintaining payroll and HRIS systems
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized, able to communicate effectively cross-functionally as well as within our team
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.