Procurement Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is looking for a Procurement Manager to join our growing Finance and Accounting team. We are looking for talented individuals who can help build the sourcing and procurement team from ground up. Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this role will be expected to contribute towards all aspects of procurement including but not limited to establishing new procurement policies and processes, support migration to a new P2P platform and partner with all relevant stakeholders to identify sourcing opportunities, engage vendors in pricing and contract negotiations and drive value for the organization.
Responsibilities will include
- The design and implementation of procurement policies and processes across the company
- Manage P2P implementation and configure system to evolving procurement processes
- Evangelize/Champion P2P platform across Better in line with procurement policy
- Ensuring high degree of purchase order compliance
- Partner with Accounts Payable to ensure timely, accurate and efficient payment of vendors
- Act as a liaison between Compliance, A/P, Finance and Stakeholders to ensure efficiency and speed-to-market in our partnership with our suppliers
- Partner with the Finance/Accounting/Treasury team to identify and execute strategies that will drive value
- Support sourcing KPI by measuring savings targets, spend analytics, and vendor management
- 7+ years in procurement, especially with indirect goods and services
- Experience working with ERP and P2P systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Strong oral and written communication
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight deadlines
- Experience in finance industries preferred though not required
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.