Revenue Accountant at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a hands-on Revenue Accounting Analyst to join our growing Revenue Accounting team in our New York City headquarters. This role’s primary duties and responsibilities include reviewing contracts/ contract modifications to ensure adherence to ASC 606 guidance. In addition, reviewing billing adjustments to ensure accuracy of contract information into the revenue accounting system. This position will also work closely with the Sales, Legal and Revenue Operations teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure billing and revenue accuracy of sales orders being entered into the revenue system.
- Review custom contract terms to assess downstream revenue system impacts.
- Perform month end/ quarterly reconciliations between all revenue cycle systems.
- Assist with implementation and enhancement of revenue systems
- Work with revenue operations to ensure accuracy in reporting systems
- Assist in adhoc auditor requests
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-3 years of experience in Public Accounting or 3-4 years in Revenue Operations
- Familiarity with ASC 606 and SOX compliance requirements
- Experience with reading and interpreting contractual language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Salesforce, NetSuite and/or Zuora is a plus
- SaaS or Technology industry experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.