JW Player is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team in our New York City Headquarters. This role will be responsible for all facets of accounts receivable and deferred revenue - as well as play an integral role in creating, refining, and implementing accounting processes.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy and ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge while offering a chance to offer influence and gain experience in the dynamic and booming video streaming space.
In this role you will:
- Perform Revenue Analysis and Balance Reconciliations
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Own the management and processing of invoices and payments
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Prepare revenue accruals for month end close
- Perform various reporting functions as needed
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or accounting function (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience) at a Tech, Media or SaaS based company
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think outside the box
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.