Honest Buildings is looking an analytical and organized Senior Accountant that thrives in a fast moving startup environment. You will have the opportunity to make the role your own as our first true accountant hire. As a member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for owning all aspects of day-to-day accounting and month-end financial close and reporting. The right candidate must be willing to get their hands dirty and be comfortable with changing priorities. This role has a lot of growth potential as we continue to scale quickly and the opportunity to get creative building out new controls and processes for a scaling organization.
- Own overall accounting and financial close and reporting process
- Manage Order-to-Cash cycle
- Reconcile bank and corporate card accounts
- Process AP (record and process vendor invoices for approval)
- Calculate Revenue team commissions and variable compensation
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense entries
- Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax and commercial rent tax filings
- Process payroll
- Manage overall company expense reporting process
- Prepare financial statements and investor reporting packages on a monthly/quarterly basis and prepare additional ad-hoc reports on an as needed basis
- Provide Financial Operations with information needed to prepare and analyze monthly budget to actual reporting
- Assist senior leadership in the development of the annual budget, planning, and quarterly reforecasts
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office suite, Google Sheets
- 3+ years SaaS accounting experience (can be public accounting, private or combination of both)
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Attention to detail and highly motivated
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and willing to take on additional tasks as needed
- Stellar communications skills, both in-person and in writing
- Positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively with other employees across the organization
NICE TO HAVES
- CPA License
- Public accounting experience at a nationally recognized firm
- Familiarity with IFRS
- Experience with Netsuite or similar ERP platform
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and numerous other perks
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 100+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 80 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.