Senior Accountant at Knotel
Reporting to our Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for timely Fixed Asset additions, disposals and transfers. S/he will also be responsible for preparing other journal entries and reconciliations including, but not limited to payroll. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure a timely and seamless month end close.
The Senior Accountant will be able to execute process improvements under limited guidance, have strong critical thinking skills, and work with a sense of urgency. The ability to create and adhere to scalable processes with strong controls, all while juggling multiple priorities, is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Check for completeness and accuracy of fixed assets sub ledger and month-end closing activities such as account reconciliations, journal entries and adjustments
- Prepare account reconciliations and analytics for month end close and ensure deadlines are met
- Prepare monthly inventory transfers
- Maintain the inventory module by importing new products into the system
- Prepare various monthly journal entries including payroll entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet analysis reports, accompanying schedules and assist with providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Prepare debt reconciliations
- Assist with ad hoc requests and special projects
- Support year end audits and tax filing requests
- Responsible for continuing to support the growth of the company with business process improvements and compliance with critical internal controls
Who You Are
You are a detail-oriented numbers person and a people person who is highly organized and always looking for more efficient ways of doing things. You bring energy and new ideas to your work and leverage them to build strong relationships with colleagues across different teams. You’re skilled when it comes to translating finance and accounting language into layman’s terms. You excel in a fast paced, ever changing environment and are able to wear multiple hats. You also have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of related accounting experience
- Experience with a large volume of fixed assets
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.) and strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of Accounting best practices
- A passion for and experience leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- Ability to recognize risks to the expected quality or timeliness of deliverables and ability to reprioritize and successfully manage through risks
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.