Clyde is an end-to-end product protection platform that is re-thinking the way retailers increase loyalty and drive revenue, and the way customers manage their purchases. We are tackling the $50B per year extended warranty market and becoming the de facto solution in the space by leveraging an intense focus on product, design, and customer experience. Clyde delivers product protection plans directly to consumers as they shop, owning the relationship from purchase to claim submission to resolution. We know that the relationship between retailers and their customers is far from over after checkout, so we’re building products to deliver value at every stage of this relationship.
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant to help lead our accounting function. As Clyde’s first accounting hire, this person will make an immediate and substantial business impact by owning financial and statutory reporting processes as well as helping manage our financial systems and internal controls. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally and is excited to roll up his or her sleeves and serve as an integral part of a rapidly growing startup. This role reports to the CFO.
This is the position for you if…
- You are incredibly detail-oriented and have a high degree of accountability
- You embrace a mentality of continuous improvement and proactively identify opportunities for automation while also keeping an eye on risk and compliance
- You are a self-starter who can take a challenging project from planning to completion and deliver exceptional results
What You’ll Do
- Complete month-end close responsibilities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations as well as explaining variances vs. both plan and prior period
- Oversee A/R, A/P, payroll, and taxes; respond to and resolve issues posed by Clyde’s customers, vendors, investors, and internal stakeholders
- Serve as a point person during internal and external audits
- Implement new business policies and practices while partnering with various teams at the company, including sales, marketing, and product & technology
- Research and develop accounting policies with organized documentation around internal controls
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and KPI preparation as required for Clyde’s Board of Directors and other stakeholders
What We Look For
- 4+ years of accounting experience; Big Four experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Deep understanding of GAAP; knowledge of statutory accounting a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a high motor and relentless focus on driving results
- A low ego with an inclination to own and address mistakes
- Demonstrated history of taking on challenging projects and taking them from planning to completion
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and experience analyzing large data sets; experience with a BI tool (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- Experience with Bill.com, TaxJar, and Modern Treasury a plus
Who Are We?
Clyde was founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer-obsessed team of designers, engineers, operators, and successful former founders. We have partnered with some of the top investors in the world, including Spark and Crosslink, to help us achieve our vision.
Why Should You Join Us?
Clyde is building an incredibly thoughtful suite of products with enormous potential. We are a highly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative team, and we value the diversity of all kinds. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. All members of our team will have ample opportunities for professional growth, plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, and unlimited time off (with a mandatory 10 days). We are building a really exciting company and can’t wait for you to join us.