About the role…
Are you passionate about accuracy with strong attention to detail and love of numbers? Do you enjoy being a trusted and knowledgeable resource for colleagues? Are you a data-driven Excel wizard? We’re looking for a results-oriented, low-ego strategic thinker to be a key member of our rapidly growing FP&A team!
As a Senior Analyst, FP&A, you will provide critical business intelligence that empowers senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first-class management reporting, diligent analyses and strategic modeling, you will work with the rest of the FP&A team to deliver timely results and provide creative solutions to business needs. Your ability to proactively identify opportunities to add value will be a critical driver in aligning the organization around priorities as we scale.
This role will be focused on financial modeling and organizing information, including all financial reporting, to enable data-driven insights and maximum impact for senior members of the company. Reporting to the Manager of FP&A and working closely with our Director of FP&A, this position will directly contribute to the continued rapid growth of Policygenius.
In this role, you will…
- Build financial models including revenue, cost, and cash flow projections that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company
- Present, analyze and interpret relevant financial data to senior leadership, partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Arm business leaders with data necessary to make strong operational decisions by helping them interpret analyses and measure progress against outlined goals
- Aid in budgeting process including annual review, analysis of department specific budgets and monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual tracking
- Contribute to special projects such as analyses to assess the financial and strategic implications of new strategies or business lines
- Establish and report key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assist in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Prepare and deliver management reports to key constituents
- Function effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high-priority items in a timely manner
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- You have 3+ years of finance and strategic analysis experience in banking, consulting, tech, or an operational startup role
- You have mastery of Excel and building, auditing, and maintaining financial models
- You are entrepreneurial, an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- You are a critical thinker that uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems
- You excel in collaborating cross-functionally, demonstrate flexibility and the ability to meet rapid deadlines
- You are driven for results, pushing projects to completion with a sense of urgency and focusing on activities that have tangible business outcomes
- You possess detail-oriented organizational and process management skills that allow you to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- You are proactive, resourceful, and instinctive with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!