Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Chainalysis (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The BizOps & Analytics Team at Chainalysis is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to help define and create the next generation of company performance metrics and visibility tools. Our ideal candidate is comfortable in a nascent and fast-paced space with a lot of ambiguity, enjoys translating complex business questions into well-defined quantitative problems, and is capable of building scalable analytics solutions to answer these questions.
You’ll join our central analytics team and work with stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Marketing, People & Product to scale our BI capabilities. You will mature the business analytics we are already providing and proactively work with stakeholders to define new data & analytics needs.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You are an expert at leading how to analyze all of Chainalysis’ datasets including customer data, financial data, revenue data, employee data, product usage data, etc.
- You’ve upkept company KPI metrics on our Tableau platform and planned data analysis roadmaps to meet the operational and performance tracking requirements across our Corporate Function teams
- You’ve treated our internal data as a product and helped build a scalable analytics function by mentoring junior analysts, provided your colleagues with easier access to insights, and established best practices on data quality, documentation, and governance
- You’ve translated business questions into quantitative questions, uncovered the inputs into our success metrics and started publishing weekly reports that leadership teams use to identify critical areas of improvement
A background like this helps:
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or a quantitative discipline preferred, but not required
- Experience querying data sets across company CRM, ERP, HRIS, ATS applications (we use Netsuite, Salesforce, Workday, Greenhouse, Adaptive, TripActions)
- Experience inventing new metrics, conducting root cause analysis, A/B testing and developing reporting/visualization solutions (e.g., Tableau, Quicksight, Looker or other modern BI tools)
- Advanced skills in dashboarding, SQL, ETL tools (e.g., FiveTran), Data Warehousing (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake) and exposure to statistical analytics and a programming language such as R, Python etc.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritization of multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results.
- Professional work experience in a hands-on analytics or data science function with proven quantitative orientation, manipulating large datasets for time series analysis, cohorting, segmentation and forecasting.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills - you’re passionate about storytelling via data!
The following would differentiate you:
- Experience working cross-functionally as a subject matter data champion with Sales, People, Finance and Engineering departments
- Experience with business process automation and usage-based pricing models
- Top-tier SaaS exposure
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.