Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important Full Truck Load freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Senior FP&A Associate, you will be responsible for improving strategic, financial and operational decision-making across the company. You will play an integral part in the company's success by partnering with functional leaders, leading financial planning and business analytics, as well as driving strategic analysis around key business initiatives. Working closely with the Controller and Strategic Finance Manager, you will help build the Strategic Finance team at Transfix. This is a role that will have broad exposure, visibility and impact throughout the organization.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Partner with key business leaders to establish volume, revenue and margin objectives; monitor and report on KPIs; develop budgets; and analyze new product, customer, and operational decisions or trade offs
- Support the Controller and Strategic Finance Manager in managing the company financial model, with a particular focus on the volume and revenue models for the business
- Help lead the rolling quarterly, annual, and multi-year financial forecasting and planning processes and requirements, and partner with business unit managers to analyze their results against budget
- Prepare Board presentations, investor reporting, executive reporting and industry/peer group benchmarking, and monitor competitive and external environment
- Identify, analyze and pursue strategic partnership, M&A and other corporate development opportunities
- 2-4 years of investment banking, FP&A, private equity, or management consulting experience
- Fluency in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Exceptional financial modeling, problem solving and analytical skills, in particular, understanding key financial and operating drivers of a business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and department leads. You are seen as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- A high degree of ownership over all areas of responsibility, enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality, and a proven ability to be a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.