Senior Global Equity Plan Administrator at Yext
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a hardworking and eager Senior Global Equity Plan Administrator to join its growing People Operations Team in New York! This role is integral in facilitating the day to day activities of the company’s compensation function, with emphasis on Yext’s global equity incentive programs. Yext utilizes Morgan Stanley Shareworks platform for equity plan administration and financial reporting. Much of this role will be focused on owning the daily administration of the Morgan Stanley relationship, data reconciliation from Shareworks, and subsequently reporting this information as needed internally to Payroll, Tax, Accounting, Audit, HR, Legal, etc. Yext uses Workday as our HRIS, ADP as our US payroll, and Safeguard as our international payroll. We offer eligible employees Restricted Stock Units (RSU) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). We also have outstanding Incentive Stock Options (ISO) and Non-qualified Stock Options (NQSO) that were last issued in 2017.
What You’ll Do
- Update and maintain our equity management platform, Morgan Stanley Shareworks, to ensure the accuracy and integrity of Yext’s equity data
- Frequently provide reports to payroll from Shareworks for ESPP and option exercises, RSUs as needed
- Prepare custom grant agreements and load new grant data to equity plan tool, Morgan Stanley Shareworks. Pull grant data including all vestings and load to Workday.
- Partner with HR and Legal to ensure on-going program and award compliance on a global basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our external brokerage firm, Morgan Stanley, to execute employee equity transactions (including 10b5-1 transactions), ensuring accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to the respective Payrolls, all the way through to timely settlement of all trades
- Partner with our external brokerage firm to process vesting and release of restricted stock units, and coordinate with US and International Payroll on accurate tax withholding
- Facilitate ESPP enrollments and purchases, as well as providing reports with Payroll
- Assist Legal in the preparation and filing of Section 16 reports, Proxy reports, CD&A data, etc.
- Perform frequent reconciliation of records between HR, Payroll, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Work with internal and external auditors and Finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, as well as ensure that tight internal controls are in place and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Create and generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., HR, Payroll, Tax, Finance, Accounting, etc.), and respond timely to ad hoc data requests from various business partners
- Partner with HR Business Partners to provide compensation support and council for client issues
- Collaborate with HR team to ensure the integrity of employee and job data within the HRIS
- Manage pieces of both large and small compensation projects accordingly. These projects are outside of the normal annual programs; responsible for establishing a project plan, coordinating and managing resources, monitoring project budget, etc.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Finance or Human Resources
- 5+ years’ experience administering options, RSUs and ESPPs in a global public company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred; familiarity with Morgan Stanley Shareworks, Workday, ADP, & Safeguard a plus
- Knowledge of tax regulations related to equity compensation plans
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, independent, self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform self-audit to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Advanced Excel, G-Suite, and reconciliation skills a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to manage up and work with multiple partners across the company
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.