Senior Manager, Accounting at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Senior Manager, Accounting to join our growing Finance team. You will play a key role during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. The Senior Manager, Accounting will drive the day-to-day management of the timely and accurate financial reporting and close process reporting directly to the Director, Accounting. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the day-to-day for the month end financial statement close process by keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff when necessary
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations prepared by junior Staff Accountants on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures
- Communicate with various internal and external partners at various levels
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Participate in special projects relating to ERP implementation and ad hoc analyses as requested
- Manage, mentor and train junior Staff Accountants
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license
- You have 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, including a mix of private and public accounting experience
- You have management or supervisory experience
- You have experience working with ERP systems
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- You have an investigative and curious nature, loving problem-solving and utilizing your analytical skill set
- You have very strong Excel skills and are comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- You can execute and follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!