Senior Manager - Corporate Development at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:49 a.m. (EST) on Friday, April 9, 2021
Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a lean, but growing Corporate Development team at one of the leading enterprise SaaS companies. You will support Veeva’s mission through high-impact initiatives such as leading mergers & acquisitions (M&A), partnering with Veeva leadership on Special Projects, and expanding our field of vision by researching and sourcing companies and relationships.
What You’ll Do
- Research, screen, and evaluate companies and markets
- Special Projects for executive, strategy, product, and finance teams. Provide the analyses and insights that Veeva executives need to make decisions
- Strategic leadership recruiting projects
- Manage M&A and Strategic Investments, along with post-merger integration with cross-functional teams
- Build relationships across the ecosystem (companies, investors, bankers)
- Build and refine processes and systems
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of total experience, including several years in investment banking, equity research, corporate development, or consulting at a good company
- 4+ years of experience evaluating companies (analysis, modeling, valuation, and research)
- Strong financial fluency
- Experience leading cross-functional projects in an organized and efficient fashion
- Great with people: teamwork, communication, stakeholder management, relationship building. This role interacts with senior people.
- Self-motivated, problem-solver, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, curious
Nice to Have
- A combination of an investor mindset coupled with transactional experience
- Strong M&A technical horsepower (modeling, deal structures, other considerations)
- Familiarity with SaaS business models and a strong curiosity to learn about new companies
- MBA, CFA, or graduate degree
Perks & Benefits
- Reimbursements for continuous employee learning & development
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day (if applicable)
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.