Working alongside our Controller, the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting will be charged with managing the preparation of our financial statements and regulatory tax requirements. S/he will be involved in financial reporting and audit work, while providing support to our broader finance team. We are looking for a proactive and organized self-starter with strong analytical skills, who is able to work under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Preparation of quarterly and annual company financial reports; including financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
- Preparation of cash flow and equity statements
- Manage financial reporting deadlines, along with the composition and distribution of internal financial statements and reports
- Work with international subsidiaries to ensure accurate reporting and streamline processes
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on various analytics and other accounting projects and work with FP&A team to identify actual-versus-budget variances and provide fact-based insights
- Assist with financial statement analytics
- Perform and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that clearly document issues in logical and comprehensive manner
- Oversee management of share-based compensation, 409a valuation, and all related accounting and disclosures
- Ensure auditor agreement with company decisions as related to financial statement disclosures and any accounting issues
- Manage coordination and communication with external auditors and ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of current processes and propose improvements
Who You Are
You excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are able to wear multiple hats. You are a detail-oriented numbers person, as well as a people person who is highly organized and always looking for more efficient ways of doing things. You bring energy and new ideas to your work and leverage them to build strong relationships with colleagues across different teams. You also have the following:
- CPA required
- Big 4 accounting firm experience (rotation at national office is a plus)
- 8-12 years of audit/consulting experience or related accounting experience in a Financial Reporting capacity
- Experience in preparing financials for a public company is a plus
- Robust understanding of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.) and strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting best practices
- A passion for and experience leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- Ability to recognize risks to the expected quality or timeliness of deliverables and ability to reprioritize and successfully manage through risks
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving, leading to systemic improvements and lasting results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.