Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
About the Role
We’re looking for a driven Revenue Accounting leader to join our growing Finance team!
At Namely, our mission is to build better workplaces. We believe this starts with our own workplace where we are creating an open and inclusive space that celebrates everyone for being themselves. Everything we do is around the employee experience (of our people and our client’s people!) and living up to our values of being human. It’s who we are and it’s what makes us different.
The Finance team at Namely is at the core of this mission, ensuring the financial foundations of a great workplace are in place for scale. They work diligently to provide accurate and timely information about company performance to help drive business decisions and oversee internal controls to safeguard the company. We’re building our awesome Finance team for exponential growth and want you to become a part of it.
As the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting, you will develop and oversee all facets of revenue accounting cycle, such as billing, revenue recognition, and accounts receivable reporting. Some of the key attributes you possess are experience in a fast-paced high growth environment, deep understanding of revenue recognition rules and financial close process, and the ability to lead and develop a growing team.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team that manages a software subscription model and a revenue model based on consumption
- Work closely with key stakeholders of revenue data including but not limited to Legal, Sales and Operations teams
- Develop the appropriate control environment surrounding revenue recognition and implement process improvements for better efficiency and timeliness of reporting
- Maintain and evolve company execution process (daily, weekly, monthly goals)
- Understand, interpret, and review revenue contracts; identify deliverables and provide monthly revenue recognition journal entries
- Ability to impact continual improvement in managing customer expectations in billing format to also drive efficiency into billing process
- Ensure billing includes applicable taxes to ensure compliance
- Control credit memo process
- Responsible for monthly close process, with accompanying schedules
- Reconcile un-billed revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue, sales tax and accounts receivable reports
- Implement current and new revenue recognition standards
- Represent the Finance team in providing reconciliation schedules to financial auditors
- Support Finance team with revenue forecasting; manage VSOE, BESP and Relative Fair Value analyses
- Other financial responsibilities as requested including ad-hoc projects
Who you are
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role in Finance and Accounting
- Understanding of US GAAP, including software and SaaS revenue recognition
- Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (power user of Excel) or similar tools
- Proven project management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to influence and interface effectively with employees at all levels of employees (management, executives) as well as external professionals
- Ability to function in a consultative style and to drive for results through cross-functional interactions
- Experience using a Software planning tool (Adaptive, Host, Hyperion etc.) is a plus
- Experience using Accounting software (Netsuite and Zuora) is also plus
- SaaS or public company experience is highly desirable