Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about building Finance, Accounting, & Procurement System solutions to support our business processes and users.
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Accounting Systems analyst/administrator with Oracle NetSuite experience, preferably with a previous functional accounting and FP&A background. A dynamic and motivating personality is important as you’ll work closely with the user community to understand their evolving needs with an emphasis on proactive discovery of operational deficiencies and continuous improvement.
Organization skills are a must as the role includes managing the resulting work queue and also actively participating in various intermediate to large projects. Your communication skills will shine through as you’ll be one of the main voices that interacts with our internal customers. Your eyes will always be looking toward DigitalOcean’s controls environment, so previous experience with incorporating this into application administration is a plus.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Act as a principal administrator for NetSuite, Coupa, BlackLine, Anaplan, and other apps used to support Finance processes.
- Work with the user community by spending one on one time with them to understand their evolving needs within the Financial Systems environment.
- Participate in work activities organized by the Sr. Financial Systems manager that promote a culture of continuous improvement based on the DigitalOcean technology roadmap.
- Document the resulting requests from the above activities and manage the details of the entire work queue, including prioritization of the issues and enhancement requests submitted separately.
- Research issues and complete requests from the work queue as assigned by the Sr. Financial Systems Manager.
- Complete all scheduled and requested application changes surrounding user access and metadata.
- Work on tasks assigned for future Financial Systems projects that will result from expected DigitalOcean growth and our continuous improvement philosophy.
- Manage the application upgrade calendar, review release notes for applicable enhancements and communicate to the user community.
- Complete tasks assigned for DigitalOcean’s ongoing NetSuite implementation project, primarily in the data migration, data integration and reporting workstreams.
- Assist with testing rounds for the NetSuite project.
- Experience in finance and/or financial systems roles
- NetSuite administration, configuration, report development and SuiteScript experience
- Prior functional accounting or FP&A experience strongly preferred
- NetSuite SuiteFoundation and/or Administrator certification is a big plus
- Coupa administration experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; preferably in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
- Candidate to be based in New York City, or remote with Eastern time working hours
- Strong communication skills including concise writing, creation of slide decks and presenting in front of groups
- Ability to foster collaboration within diverse teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Engaging personality and cultural fit that espouses DigitalOcean corporate values
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!