Staff Accountant, HC Revenues at Flatiron Health (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We're looking for a Staff Accountant to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work closely with the Revenue Manager, other members of the Accounting team, as well as cross-functionally, to ensure Flatiron’s revenue recognition policies, procedures, and reporting are in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. You should also be familiar with billing practices. You’ll also:
- Assist in the review of customer contracts for revenue recognition to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with IFRS 15. This includes reviewing key data points in SalesForce, Flatiron’s CRM and CPQ system, and ensuring the billing and revenue schedules are complete and accurate in NetSuite, Flatiron’s ERP system
- Assist in monitoring the finance inbox, and appropriately flagging issues to the relevant team member to resolve.
- Assist in the month-end close for revenue accounts in NetSuite including preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and roll-forwards, as well as assist with on-going enhancements to our close process
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (business operations, legal, account management, sales, and corporate applications) to improve existing processes and support business needs.
- Utilize strong analytical skills to review historic data as part of resolving customer issues
- Other responsibilities include ad hoc analysis and special projects
- Work closely with external auditors to support our annual financial statement audits, as applicable
You're a resourceful Accountant with 1-2 years of experience in Big Four or national public accounting firms OR 2+ years of combined experience in public accounting and industry. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are detail oriented, thorough, curious, and have strong communication skills. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have strong analytical skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to think creatively and collaboratively
- You have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- You have experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce
- You have experience in the application of ASC 606 or IFRS 15
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.