About the Role
We’re looking for an eager Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team!
At Namely, our mission is to build better workplaces. We believe this starts with our own workplace where we are creating an open and inclusive space that celebrates everyone for being themselves. Everything we do is around the employee experience (of our people and our client’s people!) and living up to our values of being human. It’s who we are and it’s what makes us different.
The Finance team at Namely is at the core of this mission, ensuring the financial foundations of a great workplace are in place for scale. They work diligently to provide accurate and timely information about company performance to help drive business decisions and oversee internal controls to safeguard the company. We’re building our awesome Finance team for exponential growth and want you to become a part of it.
As a Staff Accountant at Namely, you’ll build the groundwork to excel in an accounting career by learning internal controls, leveraging your GAAP knowledge, and working to build financial statements. You’ll also support our financial audit and find areas to create process improvements and efficiencies. A critical component to your role is speeding up the accounting close-cycle to provide leaders the financial information needed to run the business faster. Some of the key attributes that make you successful in your role are having a keen eye for detail, a strong work ethic, a drive to push for results, and most importantly, a passion for accounting.
What you’ll do
- Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, with a focus on invoice processing and expense recognition
- Ensure month-end close deadlines are met; prepare related journal entries and reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet and expense accounts, as necessary
- Support the maintenance and improvement of the the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the GL
- Support process improvements, controls initiatives, and documentation of standard operating procedures
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet Namely’s evolving business model and culture
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly audit binders and related schedules for external auditors
- Partner with FP&A team to help explain variances and fluctuations in the business
- Partner cross functionally with several teams to build partnerships and increase the effectiveness of the team
- Work directly with independent audit firms to support issuance of annual audit report
- Assist with compliance related schedules such as income tax, franchise tax, etc.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1 -3 years of relevant experience in accounting (this includes internships!)
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Keen attention to detail and time management (must maintain sense of due dates on deliverables)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience in both the Public and Private sector is a plus
- Aspiring CPA is a plus, but CPA is even better!
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.