About the Role
As a Staff Accountant at Namely, you support management with expense and general accounting or the billing and reporting of subscription based revenue. You will be responsible for providing financial information and working with financial data to drive results.
We're looking for a degreed CPA or CPA candidate that's eager and excited to grow in their career at a fast-growing company.
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Support the preparation of financial statements
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepare schedules that support revenue and/or expense entries
- Prepare detailed balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Support a strong internal control environment
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Assist in implementing and maintaining accounting information systems
- Responsible for all reporting key metrics reports as requested
- Liaison between various business units and finance department
- Other tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Public and Private accounting experience a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, must maintain sense of due dates on deliverables
Nice to Have
- Zuora/NetSuite experience
- SaaS Experience
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.