Staff Accountant at Orchard
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:13 p.m. (EST) on Friday, June 5, 2020
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the monthly close process.
- Assist with vendor payment processing (setting up wires/ach, printing checks, etc)
- Maintain detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for maintaining daily cash related schedules (receipts, generation/burn)
- Completing worksheets for each home transaction (buy & sell side).
- Assist with monthly financial analysis on actual vs budget.
- Work closely with auditors during our annual audit.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Undergraduate Degree (preferably in Accounting/Business focus)
- Understanding of GAAP
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of Quick Books a plus
- Knowledge of Concur a plus
Read Full Job Description