Strategic Financial Analyst at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a dynamic Strategic Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team. As a Senior Strategic Financial Analyst, you will drive the Company’s core financial forecasting and reporting, as well as work closely with senior executives and department heads across the organization to evaluate, plan, execute, and measure strategic business initiatives. The ideal candidate has an extensive track record creating the highest caliber analyses in a fast-paced environment with the ability to operate independently while maintaining impeccable communication.
This role will report into the Senior Manager of Strategic Finance and will be based out of our growing New York City or Denver office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Develop, maintain, and automate financial forecasts and reporting, including monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders
- Partner closely with department heads to understand detailed drivers of the business and provide timely and relevant financial insights in order to augment high-level strategic decision making
- Drive the bi-annual budgeting process, providing functional support and target guidance on revenue, expense and headcount planning to budget holders across the organization
- Support the Company on special projects including fundraising, new market launch strategic, and M&A
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, or private equity
- Experience developing high quality financial analysis with relentless attention to detail, preferably at a high-growth company
- Comfort with three-statement financial models is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) allowing you to build collaborative relationships across organizations, from the analyst to the executive level
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Google Workspace, Netsuite, and Looker is a plus
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.