VP, Investor Relations at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The VP of Investor Relations will lead the planning, development and execution of all investor relations activities of Rent the Runway. This position reports directly into the Chief Financial Officer.
In this role you will be responsible for effectively representing the company within the investment community, communicating and evangelizing RTR’s strong consumer vision, disruptive positioning and equity story while working hand in hand with key leaders across finance, legal and communications. As the first dedicated IR hire, this person will lead the function, define and execute the strategy, and grow a team over time.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with outstanding analytical, communications and interpersonal skills who will develop a keen understanding of the uniqueness of the RTR business and competitive environment. You will serve as a strategic thought partner to the executive team in ensuring that the investor relations plan supports maximizing long-term and sustainable value creation.
What You’ll do:
- Translate RTR’s vision and strategic initiatives into an investor relations strategy, framework, and roadmap that develops investor confidence for delivering shareholder value.
- Collaborate with business partners to present consistent strategic messaging internally and externally.
- Lead ongoing communication of RTR’s financial results, strategy, growth opportunities and business initiatives to shareholders and analysts. This includes developing a clear timeline and calendar for all investor relations activities.
- Lead and supervise an effective and efficient quarterly earnings process. Develop key messages, perform analysis on results, prepare filings, draft the earnings release, conference call script, Q&A responses, and other materials and presentations.
- Develop a systematic approach to identifying, targeting, and converting new investors. Research and identify analysts and investors that the company should pursue and take action to build relationships. Understand all relevant indexes and develop a strategy for the company's inclusion.
- Oversee the investor relations website in partnership with members of the senior leadership team.
- Lead a continuous review of peers and industry participants as well as overall leading indicators to provide relevant and actionable business, industry, competitive, and market insights to key internal partners and to guide communications with investor and research community, as well as earnings release strategy.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory disclosure requirements and provide advice, counsel, and guidance internally on disclosure policies and related issues. Serve as an adviser to the chief financial officer, chief executive officer and other senior leaders on issues involving the public distribution of financial information and other material disclosures.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of senior-level strategic finance experience in investor relations, public equity analysis and/or investment banking required.
- Experience within a publicly traded consumer facing company is preferred.
- Established strong reputation with the investment community, based on credibility, consistency, visibility, access, and depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, including technical writing experience with the ability to communicate financial and other industry specific information to a sophisticated audience.
- Demonstrated financial acumen skills and understanding of accounting, financial analysis, and valuation.
- Ability to synthesize business and financial information clearly; translate and effectively communicate analytical data to non- technical professionals.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.